Everyone was looking forward to the UEFA Champions League match taking place between Dortmund and Monaco. However, things took a shocking turn of events after the announcement of the game being postponed spread across the stadium, meeting astounded fans who were urged not to panic says Supersport.
Social media took off with many fans expressing their dismay at the incident of Dortmund’s bus being bombarded with explosions on their way to their League game. They also expressed their heartfelt concern towards the Spanish football player, Marc Bartra who was injured during this attack. According to Supersport “Bartra had a wrist surgery after being hit by flying glass.”
It is assumed that it was a “targeted attack” against Dortmund said police chief Gregor Lange. A letter was also found nearby the scene which is still in the process of being confirmed.
Germany’s concern revolves around the incidents preceding this occurrence “when a Tunisian national hijacked a truck and rammed it into a crowd, killing 12 people” last year December in Berlin. Added to this, the German national team, which included some of the Dortmund players were attacked by jihadists in Paris in November 2015, with 130 dead.
To all the fans who were looking forward to the match, Supersport has confirmed that the match will resume on Wednesday at 18.45 (1645 GMT). This is backed up by Dortmund's president, Reinhard Rauball who believes his team will prepared for the match. There will of course be tight security measures in place, to protect the welfare of the players and fans alike.
Is Dortmund mentally fit to play their quarter final leg after their lives being placed in danger?